Why is my subscription cancelled?
You've received notification from Gumroad that your subscription has been cancelled. But why? Where did it all go wrong?
There's two possible reasons for this happening:
1. Your credit card was charged, and the payment failed
Here's what happens when your credit card can't be charged:
- Two days before the charge, we let you know that you will be charged for your subscription
- We attempt the charge. If it fails, you have 48 hours to update your credit card information as detailed in this help article
- After 5 days of failed charges, your subscription will be canceled.
2. The seller has cancelled the subscription
The mind of a Gumroad seller can often be difficult to penetrate, but they likely have a reason for canceling your subscription.
How to resubscribe
Sometimes a subscription has run its course, other times they may have deleted the product by accident. Hopefully they've informed you of their reasoning through an update, but if you find yourself Job-like, bereft and questioning the Will of the Subscription Creator, go ahead and question their Will! You can find their contact information at the bottom of your initial receipt.
If you have changed your credit card since subscribing to a product hosted on Gumroad, you will receive an email informing you that we were unable to charge your card. To update your credit card information, click the link provided in this email.
You will be redirected to your Buyer Information page, where you can change your credit card information. Click Update Credit Card to be automatically resubscribed to the product.