Adding tags to your products
To add a tag to your product, go to the your product's edit page and scroll down to the Discover section:
Adding tags to your products helps accomplish two things for you and your customers:
1) If you have enabled Gumroad Discover in your settings menu, adding tags to your individual products will help Gumroad's hardworking selling elves display your products to customers of similar products. Thereby, your product will be discovered by new customers.
2) If you have 10 or more products, your products' tags will appear on your Gumroad profile, allowing your customers to filter your page and find the product they're looking for.
Filter your profile page by tag
Since Gumroad doesn't currently offer a "Categories" feature to organize your products, here's a quick workaround if you have more than nine products:
- Add tags to all of your products.
- Allow filters to be shown on your profile page.
- Send customers to your profile page URL with the tag added to the URL. To do that, simply take: [Your profile URL] + ?sort=page_layout&tags=[tag]
Here's an example using Gumroad creator Matkat Music:
If we were to link customers solely to the "Tutorial" products on the page, then upon adding the correct values to the URL formula above, we get: https://matkatmusic.gumroad.com/?sort=page_layout&tags=tutorial